Category Archives: Books
My story “The Shadow-Witch” from Cinema Spec will be reprinted February 2012 in:
Spec-tacular: Fantasy Favorites from
Raven Electrick Ink
Edited by Karen A. Romanko, Spec-tacular will be published by Raven Electrick Ink, publisher of Jack-o’-Spec: Tales of Halloween and Fantasy, Retro Spec: Tales of Fantasy and Nostalgia, Cinema Spec: Tales of Hollywood and Fantasy and Sporty Spec: Games of the Fantastic. The anthology is scheduled for release in February 2012 as a Kindle e-book.
Annotated Table of Contents for Spec-tacular:
- Tony Pi, “The Shadow-Witch,” fiction, Cinema Spec.
- Cliff Winnig, “The Experiment,” fiction, Jack-o’-Spec.
- Paul Abbamondi, “Art Deco and the Infestation of New America,” fiction, Retro Spec.
- Deborah P Kolodji, “Camera Obscura,” poem, Cinema Spec.
- Paul L. Bates, “Prey,” fiction, Sporty Spec.
- Gregory L. Norris, “The Two Houses,” fiction, Jack-o’-Spec.
- E. C. Myers, “Perpetual Check,” fiction, Sporty Spec.
- J. S. Bangs, “Screening of a Silent Film,” fiction, Cinema Spec.
- Jude-Marie Green, “Hula Hoop,” fiction, Retro Spec.
- Shannon Connor Winward, “All Souls’ Day,” poem, Jack-o’-Spec.
- Sarah Brandel, “A Life in Pictures,” fiction, Cinema Spec.
- Brian Rosenberger, “Menace Anyone,” poem, Sporty Spec.
- Samantha Henderson, “Sugar Skulls,” fiction, Jack-o’-Spec.
- Neil Coghlan, “Storm on Fifth Avenue,” fiction, Retro Spec.
- Lisa Morton, “The End,” fiction, Cinema Spec.
- Marcie Lynn Tentchoff, “Star Boarding,” poem, Sporty Spec.
- Robert Borski, “War at the Bijou,” fiction, Cinema Spec.
- G. O. Clark, “Putting off the Past,” poem, Retro Spec.
- Lee Ann Sontheimer Murphy, “Forty-Eight Hours a Year,” fiction, Jack-o’-Spec.
- Lyn C. A. Gardner, “The Mustache,” fiction, Retro Spec.
- Greg Beatty, “eventual, i,” poem, Cinema Spec.
- Todd Wheeler, “Less Than Perfect,” fiction, Sporty Spec.
- Bruce Boston, “beat people,” poem, Retro Spec.
- Daniel R. Robichaud II, “Autumn Jitters,” fiction, Jack-o’-Spec.
- Marge Simon, “The Fix,” fiction, Retro Spec.
- Michael M. Jones, “Who Killed the Pumpkin King?” fiction, Jack-o’-Spec.
“The Paragon Lure” will be translated and reprinted in the 2011 volume of the Polish anthology, Steps Into the Unknown (Kroki w nieznane). Quite a fantastic cover by Tomek Maroński.
Here’s a book trailer for When the Hero Comes Home, edited by Ed Greenwood and Gabrielle Harbowy, which includes my story “Brine Magic“. I missed posting this when it first came out. Enjoy!
The Dragon and the Stars, edited by Derwin Mak and Eric Choi, won the 2011 Prix Aurora Award for Best Related Work English yesterday! I’m really happy to be part of the anthology. Here are a couple pictures of me at the ceremony, representing the authors in the book and getting to hold the trophies.
For the full list of Aurora Award winners, look here. Congrats to everyone!
My novella “The Paragon Lure” has been accepted for translation and reprint in STEPS INTO THE UNKNOWN, a science fiction and fantasy anthology series in Poland. It’s apparently a kind of legendary series of books in Poland, originally publishing in the 70s, and more recently revived by Solaris. The last volume has some great authors. I’m very pleased with this first foreign language sale, and look forward to the volume!